Not all Habitat for Humanity volunteer opportunities involve swinging a hammer. As a key part of our office operations, behind-the-scenes volunteers spend their time and talents with us entering critical data, helping at events, and assisting with special projects. We offer flexible scheduling for special projects so finding the time to give back is easy.
Site support volunteers act as the host(s) of the worksite! Volunteer is responsible for greeting and registering site volunteers upon arrival, ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly, getting out supplies (water, first aid kit, hand cleaner)
- Assist in directing volunteers to project task teams
- Oversee build site needs: Water/ice/coffee, First Aid Station, Clean up and recycling
- Register and check-in/check-out volunteers
The office volunteer will perform a variety of tasks depending on project.Training will be provided and volunteer schedule is flexible.
- Answering phones, direct calls, and providing general information to callers
- Data entry and filing
- Creating and sending mailouts and correspondence
- Tracking volunteer hours
- Update volunteer database
Home Program Volunteer
This volunteer will help in the day-to-day duties of Home Program. This person would need to be computer-savvy and be comfortable signing a confidentiality form.
- Designing the Home Counseling Office to be a welcoming and safe space for private family conversations
- Coordinate and schedule Zoom, telephone calls, and in-person meetings with families and staff
- Help with event planning coordination and details such as location, decorations, food, drinks, entertainment, etc.
- Help with Home Program Marketing – family photoshoots, sweat equity photos, gathering quotes and family stories, etc.
- Prepare mailouts to families
- Call / contact third parties for bids on Home Program needs like home appraisals
- Answer affiliate phone calls and greet walk-ins